Sunday 9 September 2018

Some (skinnier) bloke I know quite well with a Cessna 404 reg 3X-GCF, landed in GCI back in 1984 I think it was. It was a Saturday afternoon and I was ferrying the plane from Conakry Guinea to Oxford Kidlington for radio work. We had received (en route) a message to say customs would not be available until Monday morning, when the work was scheduled to begin, so I took a vote and veered left 90 degrees to have a night or two in Guernsey. We landed mid afternoon, and the whole of Customs came out to poke around with a bag of tools to open everything up. I had come from Casablanca that day, and their suspicions were understandable, plus it was a lazy afternoon and they were bored. I recognized Sid Lear leading the assault and I opened the door and hopped out. Sid saw me and said "Back to the office lads, its Rory Kay" - he clearly knew why I had picked Guernsey! LOL
Submitted by Rory Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in the blog.

 Double Identity © Dave Bougourd Newly registered G-OFCM Reims Cessna F.172L was as can be seen the former G-AZUN. 1981